Monday, June 25, 2012

Books Galore

I have been quite the book scavenger lately- scrounging from old friends and family for any unwanted books and scouring the local Goodwill's to find quality literature to start building up my classroom library.  I feel comfortable with the amount of books I have now to start the year off, my shelves will be semi-occupied :) I also decided that as I get the books to level them.  The school I will be working at levels their classroom libraries using AR- I am not a huge fan of this so I decided to put the AR level and points of the book on the back and then use a conversion chart to label the F&P levels on the front of the book- which will be easier to then covert to the other leveling programs depending on which reading assessment program/tool we use.  I do know that we will be using the LLI (Leveled Literacy Intervention) Program (reading recovery based) which I was exposed to last semester during my final internship and when used properly it seemed to really help a majority of the students in the program- so I am excited to be able to use it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment