Monday, June 25, 2012

Hired!

Ecstatic- truly the one word that sums up every emotion I am feeling right now. I just graduated this past May from the University of South Florida and last week experienced my first ever "formal" interviews, (yes I have had interviews for various part-time jobs; hostess, server and secretary) but never any interviews that I have been consider a "Professional."  Nerve racking to say the least, but it is a wonderful feeling to finally accomplish the main goal of becoming an elementary teacher, that took five long years to reach. 


Not only did I get hired, but it is at a school 1.8 miles from my house, which beats the heck out of the 18 miles one way that I am driving now. I am fortunate enough to have the pleasure of working with three friends at the same school as me! I will be teaching third grade and two of my friends and former USF classmates will be on the same team as me, and then the other friend will be teaching 4th grade.  I could have not wished/hoped for a better first year of teaching scenario.  To put the icing on the cake the principal and staff that I have met seem to be amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment